CBD has become very popular in the recent times. CBD or cannabidiol is a compound found in the cannabis plant that contains various health-healing properties. Hemp-derived CBD oil is non-psychoactive, as it does not make you feel high when consumed. CBD has anti-inflammatory properties and is extremely effective in curing various health-related problems such as body pain, sore muscles, improper appetite, irregular sleep, mood swings, stress, anxiety, weak immune system, and many more.
According to various studies, CBD has shown positive results in treating skin-related issues as well. It has anti-oxidant and anti-aging features that help to keep the skin hydrated. It reduces wrinkles keeping the skin healthy and young looking. Beauty industries are widely using CBD for producing a variety of skin-care products.
You will find CBD capsules or oil in various general and medical stores. It is now available on online websites too. However, make sure you always purchase CBD0infused products from a reputed brand only. JustCBD is one of the branded and trustworthy stores with years of experience in the field of CBD. Here, you will get high quality and certified CBD products such as CBD gummies, CBD capsules, CBD topicals and many.
You can use CBD oil for various purposes. However, you need to understand few things regarding its shelf life.
Does the Hemp-Derived CBD Oil Expire?
Yes, CBD oil does expire just like any other food supplement. The expiry of CBD oil depends on the below factors:
- Ingredients play a major role in the shelf life of CBD oil. The oil must contain only high-quality vitamins, terpenes, essential oils, and flavorings. Heavy metals and microbes can damage the quality of the oil resulting in the faster expiry of the CBD oil.
- Next comes the extraction method of CBD oil. CO2 and steam extraction are the cleanest methods of extracting CBD oil. CBD oil extracted using these methods have a long shelf life.
- Airtight packing of CBD oil is necessary to save it from harmful UV rays that can reduce its potency. Make sure the bottle of CBD oil is of dark color.
- The last factor is proper storage. To increase the shelf life and potency of CBD oil, you need to store it in a cool and dark place. After use, seal the lid tightly. You can also store it in the fridge.
Signs of the Expiry of CBD Oil
- CBD oil contains an earthy and grassy aroma. When the oil loses this aroma and smells bad and rotten instead, that means the CBD oil is degrading.
- When the CBD oil tastes sour and unpleasant.
- When the color of the CBD oil changes from clear to dark.
- When the consistency of the oil gets thicker.
Consumption of expired CBD oil does not make you sick if taken in a small amount. However, if you consume a large amount of expired CBD oil then you may face some side effects. Therefore, make sure to check the expiry date before purchasing the CBD oil and ensure to store it properly.